StriveCast Privacy Notice
Last Updated Date: May 02, 2022
This Privacy Notice of Strive Media GmbH (“StriveCast,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) describes how we collect and process your personal information in relation to the website at https://strivecast.com/ (the “Website”) and the software platform at https://portal.strivecast.com (the “StriveCast Platform”) and related services we provide to our customers (together, “StriveCast Services”). Where we refer to “Google” in this notice, we mean Google, LLC, our parent company.
We offer StriveCast Services either directly or via our authorized partners or resellers. Where we refer to our customers in this notice, we also mean our partners or resellers and their customers.
Information We Collect
We process Customer Data and Service Data in order to provide StriveCast Services. This Privacy Notice applies solely to Service Data and does not apply to Customer Data.
Customer Data is defined in our data processing and security terms covering the StriveCast Services and represents the data that you and our customers provide for processing via the StriveCast Services as described in an agreement between StriveCast and the applicable customer.
Service Data is the personal information we collect or generate during the provision and administration of the StriveCast Services, excluding any Customer Data. Service Data includes:
- Data you provide when you subscribe to the StriveCast Services and related support services. We collect your business contact information and billing information when you subscribe to the StriveCast Services. This information may include your name, company, title, country, email, phone number, billing address, and other information related to our business relationship and our engagement to provide you with the StriveCast Services, including any related support.
- Payments and transactions. We keep reasonable business records of your subscription details, invoices, payments, and billing details and issues.
- Technical and operational details of your usage of StriveCast Services. We collect information about usage, operational status, software errors and crash reports, authentication credentials, and other technical details necessary for us to operate and maintain the StriveCast Services. This information may include device identifiers, identifiers from cookies or tokens, IP addresses, browser type, account identifiers, and date and time of access.
- Data we collect when you access the StriveCast Services. When you access the StriveCast Services, we automatically collect certain analytics information. This information may include language settings, frequency of page views, links clicked, actions taken while on the Website or StriveCast Platform, browser type and version, operating system, referring URL, IP address, and date and time of access.
- Your direct communications. We keep records of your communications and interactions with us and our partners, for example, when you provide feedback or contact information, ask questions or seek technical support.
- Data from other sources. If you log in to your StriveCast account through a third party platform (such as Github), we will have access to certain information from that platform (such as your email and profile information) in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that platform.
Why We Process Data
We process Service Data for the following purposes:
- Provide the StriveCast Services you request. Service Data is primarily used to deliver the StriveCast Services that you and our customers request. This includes a number of processing activities that are necessary to provide the StriveCast Services, including processing to bill for services usage, to ensure services are working as intended, to detect and avoid outages or other problems you might experience, and to secure your data and the services you use.
- Make recommendations to optimize use of StriveCast Services. We may process Service Data to provide you and our customers with recommendations and tips. These suggestions may include ways to better secure your account or data, options to reduce service charges or improve performance, and information about new or related products and features. We may also evaluate your response to our recommendations.
- Maintain and improve StriveCast Services. We evaluate Service Data to help us maintain and improve the performance and functionality of StriveCast Services. As we optimize StriveCast Services for you, this may improve them for our customers and vice versa.
- Provide and improve other services you request. We may use Service Data to deliver and improve other services that you and our customers request, including StriveCast, Google or third-party services that are enabled via the StriveCast Services, administrative consoles, APIs, or SDKs.
- Assist you. We use Service Data when needed to provide technical support and professional services as requested by you and our customers, and to assess whether we have met your needs. We also use Service Data to improve our online support, and to communicate with you and our customers. This includes notifications about updates to StriveCast Services, and responding to support requests.
- Protect you, our users, the public, StriveCast, and Google. We use Service Data to improve the safety and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm our users, our customers, the public, StriveCast, or Google. These activities are an important part of our commitment to secure our services.
- Comply with legal obligations. We may need to process Service Data to comply with our legal obligations, for example, where we’re responding to legal process or an enforceable governmental request, or to meet our financial record-keeping obligations.
- Other purposes with your consent. We may ask for your consent to process information for other purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To achieve these purposes, we may use Service Data together with information we collect from StriveCast and Google products and services. We may use algorithms to recognize patterns in Service Data. Manual collection and review of Service Data may also occur, such as when you interact directly with our billing or support teams. We may aggregate and anonymize Service Data to eliminate personal details, and we may use Service Data for internal reporting and analysis of applicable product and business operations.
Where Data Is Stored
Service Data may be stored and maintained by us and those that perform work for us in Germany, the United States, and other jurisdictions. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Service Data may be processed on servers located outside of the country where our users and customers are located because Service Data is typically processed by centralized or regionalized operations like billing, support, and security. When transferring Service Data outside of Europe, we take steps to comply with legal frameworks as described below.
- Adequacy decisions. The European Commission has determined that certain countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) adequately protect personal data, which means that data can be transferred from the European Union (EU) and Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland to that third country. The UK and Switzerland have approved similar adequacy decisions. These adequacy decisions can be found at:
- Standard contractual clauses. Standard contractual clauses (SCCs) are written commitments between parties that can be used as a ground for data transfers from the EU to third countries by providing appropriate data protection safeguards. SCCs have been approved by the European Commission and can’t be modified by the parties using them (you can see the SCCs adopted by the European Commission here). Such clauses have also been approved for transfers of data to countries outside the UK and Switzerland. If you want to obtain a copy of the SCCs, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Secure Data
We implement measures designed to reduce the risks of damage to or loss of information, and of unauthorized access to or use of information. These measures include:
- We encrypt Service Data at rest and while in transit.
- We regularly review our data security measures to prevent unauthorized access to our systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it for us. Anyone with this access is subject to confidentiality obligations.
How We Share Data
We do not share Service Data with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of StriveCast except in the following cases:
- With your consent
We’ll share Service Data outside of StriveCast when we have your consent. For example, when you or our customer chooses to use a third-party application that requests access to your information, we’ll seek permission to share information with that third party.
- With your administrators and authorized resellers
When you use StriveCast Services, your administrator and our partners or resellers authorized to manage your or your organization’s account will have access to certain Service Data. For example, they may be able to:
- View account and billing information, activity and statistics
- Change your account password
- Change your user permissions
- Suspend or terminate your account access
- Access your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit your information or your privacy settings
- For external processing
We provide information to our affiliates, partners and other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- For legal reasons
We may share Service Data outside of StriveCast if we have a good-faith belief that access to, or use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable agreements, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of StriveCast and Google, our customers, users, and the public as required or permitted by law.
Access to Data
You and your organization’s administrator can access several categories of Service Data directly from the StriveCast Services, including your billing contact information, payment and transaction information, as well as user configurations.
If you’re otherwise unable to access your data, you can request it by emailing us at email@example.com.
Deletion and Retention of Data
We retain Service Data for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it, and how you configure your settings.
Service Data is deleted or anonymized once it is no longer needed. For each type of data and operation, we set retention timeframes based on the purpose for its collection.
Sometimes we need to retain certain information for an extended period of time for legitimate business or legal purposes. For example, when we process a payment for you, or when you make a payment to us, we’ll retain data about those transactions as required for tax or accounting purposes. Other legitimate business or legal purposes that may require us to retain data include security, fraud and abuse prevention, ensuring continuity of our services, and complying with legal or regulatory requirements.
EU Privacy Standards and GDPR
If European Union (EU), UK or Swiss data protection law applies to the processing of information about you, you have certain rights, including the rights to access, correct, delete and export your information, as well as to object to or request that we restrict processing of your information.
If you want to exercise your data protection rights with regard to information we process in accordance with this Privacy Notice and are not able to do so via the tools available to you or your organization’s administrator, you can always contact us via our email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And you can contact your local data protection authority if you have concerns regarding your rights under local law.
In addition to the purposes and grounds described in this Privacy Notice, we may process information on the following legal grounds:
- Where necessary for the performance of a contract with you
We may process your information where necessary for us to enter into a contract with you or to comply with our contractual commitments to you.
- When we’re complying with legal obligations
We’ll process your information when we have a legal obligation to do so.
- When we’re pursuing legitimate interests
We may process Service Data based on our legitimate interests and those of third parties while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information in the interests of providing StriveCast Services you request; making recommendations to optimize use of StriveCast Services; maintaining and improving StriveCast Services; providing and improving other services you request; assisting you; and protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users, our customers, and the public, as required or permitted by law.
Updates to this Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will not make any significant changes without notifying you in advance by posting a prominent notice on this page describing the changes or by sending you a direct communication. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice, and we will always indicate the date the last changes were published.