- Alexander Schaefer
Strive and LSD Live provide P2P delivery in Argentina for over 100,000 users every week
We are very excited to share a new customer announcement! Buenos Aires-based live streaming company LSD Live chose to team up with Strive for their country-wide P2P video and audio delivery. The leading provider for OTT service solutions on the Latin American Market is now implementing Strive’s next-gen peer-to-peer technology for a growing number of customers that, among others, include Argentina’s biggest internet radio providers. This partnership is substantially contributing to regional challenges in the Argentinian streaming landscape with unlimited CDN scale.
How we accomplish unlimited CDN scale:
Why P2P can change the future of video delivery
Argentina is a perfect example of the benefits of highly scaleable P2P technology in video streaming as an alternative to traditional TV consumption. Due to the high scalability of technical and commercial elements of the relatively small data packages in P2P streaming, the positive trend for peer-to-peer is continuing to accelerate.
Let the numbers speak for themselves
The partnership of the two streaming technology pioneers shows how the growing need for live video and also audio streaming in countries with little available bandwidth can be successfully met with P2P.
During a normal day, LSD Live broadcasts content to over 30,000 unique users, reaching 3,000 to 5,000 concurrent users.
The average utilization rate (devices actually able to share content via P2P) is almost 75% (so three-quarters of the audience are included in the mesh network). The remaining devices won’t be able to share data due to poor networking, usage of legacy browsers or firewall issues.
Within the mesh network, Strive reaches an average savings rate of 85%, leaving only 15% of traffic to be fetched from the actual streaming infrastructure, finally resulting in a total traffic share of 60% (including the devices unable to share content).
StriveCast is a leading technology provider for eCDN solutions. Our WebRTC-based P2P mesh network is used by large companies like Swisscom, Siemens, Gazprom, and NEP group to solve the problem of network congestion during live events. Based in Germany, we are constantly improving and adapting our cutting-edge P2P technology in order to provide the next generation of enterprise video delivery. Today, StriveCast connects over 150,000 users worldwide on a daily basis, saving customers up to 95% of CDN traffic with a unique server-side-managed Peer-To-Peer network.